Dance Of Death review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Sep 9, 2003
Iron Maiden: Dance Of Death

The time is always running, for some bands that's a good thing. Iron Maiden are still on the road after more than 20 years. And the results couldn't be better! In Dance of Death are the present and past of Maiden, the sound is great, the songs have between 5 and 7 minutes (except for the singles), one of the best albums of maiden ever!, really cool for listening. Just one mistake, Wildest Dreams, yes... the first single, it is not a bad song at all but is the weakest point here. Not so much surprices in the making of the songs, but, there's some new things like the acoustic Journeyman and the orqestation in some tracks, the 3 guitars working better this time. Iron Maiden are doing what they do better!, be Iron Maiden! For a die hard as me Dance of Death is for sure the best of 2003, but even if you aren't a maiden fan you can enjoy it.

In Dance of Death we find the lyric style that is trademarck in Iron Maiden, always the epic is so much important for the band and here is a perfect comunion between the music and the lyrics, Pashendale, Monsegur, Dance of Death. By the other hand here's the lyrics that fix you into reality like New Frontier or Age of Innocence and for sure the ineraction with the music is just perfect. About Dickinson, he's in one of his best moments in his career, beyond his status his dedicated to sing the Iron Maiden's songs and his voice is the complement for such a great album.

In this record is the past and present of the band, if you had heard the earliest works of the band you can find some structures that reminds differents seasons in the band history, but this is a new work and that you can feel it too!. I like the whole record but Dance of Death, Rainmaker, Age of Innocence are my favourites. The bad thing here is the cover, is not bad the concept is fine but I would prefer a normal illustration instead of a PC design. And SURE! If it were stolen or losted I'll buy it agin and again and again.