Dance Of Death review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Sep 9, 2003
Iron Maiden: Dance Of Death

After I heard St. Anger (Metallica) I had lost all hope for music, so I had low hopes for this album, but I was dead wrong. The sound in this album is pure classic Maiden. Dave Murray pops out those crazy fast beats that I love so very very much, Adrian adds some harmony to the killer riffs, and Janick Gers proves once again that he is indeed worthy of being in the best Heavy Metal band ever! All the songs in here are of medium - frickin' awesome quality and the songs "Rainmaker", "Dance of Death", and "No More Lies" in particular just brought tears to my eyes. Nicko's got some crazy drum fills and Bruce. His vocal talent is so great in this album that I weeped and weeped. The only thing I would say brought the sound down is the mediocre bass riffs by Steve Harris.

Many people thought that the lyrics lacked in this album. I am one of them. However, the lyrics still dwarf most other bands out today and certain songs (Dance Of Death in particular) has such awesome lyrics that it makes up for some of the not as spectacular pieces. But none of this matters too much 'cause Bruce can make anything sound killer!

This is a must have album for the maiden fan. Not quite as good as The Number Of The Beast though (but then again, what album is?) Since it already got stolen, I'm about to go get myself a new one. I advise you to go get one as well.