Dance Of Death review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Sep 9, 2003
Iron Maiden: Dance Of Death

Iron Maiden recorded this album in 2003, and they still sound like they did in the 80's! Pure brilliance. I couldn't stop talking about it ever since I got it yesterday! One thing extremely unique on the album is that it has a great deal of orchestration and an almost Arabic-style vibe too, especially in "No More Lies" and "Dance Of Death". The rhythm guitar really tuned down heavy on the song "Montsegur". There were other powerful songs such as "Wildest Dreams", "Rainmaker", and the graceful epic "Paschendale". I believe the most liveliest was "Montsegur". "Journeyman" is a 7-minute song with an acoustic, and it is real cool.

Bruce Dickinson sings as well as freakin' ever on this album. Its real strong how he sings on "Montsegur". He blew me away on "Dance of Death", and he sounds like he always does (brilliant) on "Wildest Dreams", I like how he sings on "Rainmaker", which got my attention. The lyrics to "Paschendale" are about an epic war, and the music goes along well with the singing. I love the chorus, but I regret he only sang it twice. About the song "Age Of Innocence". This song recieved either extremely high praises or a big amount of criticism. This is one of the songs which talks of the real world, and people commonly think it political. Even I thought it was, but I found out that the songs are about Steve Harris' personal views on problems on the United Kingdom. (He and Dave Murray wrote the song). good thing, now I can listen to and like that song in peace.

I just couldn't resist the opportunity to buy it when I saw it in the store and happened to have enough money to buy it. I couldn't stop listening to "Dance of Death". That splendid guitar work around 3:00 is a masterpiece. "Paschendale" is a song I will never forget. One of the greatest works since "Hallowed Be Thy Name". I also will listen to "Age Of Innocence" several times to let it sink in. The artwork inside and on the CD booklet is funny as it is weird, in my opinion. But, oh well. Hey, this album is brilliant, go find it and buy it. I doubt there's a song you wouldn't like on the album.