Dance Of Death review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Sep 9, 2003
Iron Maiden: Dance Of Death

This album really is the best metal record I have ever picked up. After listening to Brave New World in 2000, and watching the Rock In Rio and looking over the many years the Irons have been writing and playing, I really thought it cant get much better than this. I was proved wrong when listening to this album. As Iron Maiden alwyas is, guitar based-riffs with written solos, great keyboard playing from Steve Harris gives the album an amazing epic feel to it, almost classical. Bruce Dickinsons surging vocals in songs such as "Rainmaker," and softer, more mellow in "No More Lies" and the title song "Dance Of Death."

I'm sure as most people will know, Iron Maidens music has changed rapidly since albums like "The Number Of The Beast" and "Powerslave." Lyrically, this release, with Bruce Dickinson back and musically better than ever. Dark, some mellow lyrics, such a wide range of moods are given to you throughout this CD.

When picking up "Dance Of Death" recently, I expected somehting much similar to "Brave New World" in 2000. I was wrong in thinking I would be getting something similar. The sound in the latest Iron Maiden release is much more epic, a classical feel, also a heavy, driving sound throughout the album. The most impressive and enjoyable songs have to be "Dance Of Death" and "No More Lies" two of the more orchestrak songs thus with a smashing classic Iron Maiden rock parts. If this album was stolen or lost, I would definitly buy it again, it is just too good not to have. I have every single Iron Maiden release, and from 1980s "Iron Maiden" up to this day it is by far, the best album of all.