Dance Of Death review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Sep 9, 2003
Iron Maiden: Dance Of Death

I was expecting this to be a stinker. I was wrong. It is awesome, stunning and one of the best overall iron maiden albums. It is in terms of technical ability it is in my opinion the greatest record ever made. It shows off soloing, riffing and harmonies at it's very best. Some may say that "Dance Of Death" (song) and "Face In The Sand" sound similar but they do not, both have a unique structure.

Come on, this is Bruce Dickinson, does not need explaining. Brilliant.

01. Wildest Dreams - another album opener in the "Be Quick Or Be Dead," "Futureal" model with crushing riffs and insaine solo's. 02. Rainmaker - similar to the previous track but better due to better lyrics and a stunning solo. 03. No More Lies - your typical Iron Maiden Epic with riff after riff plus solo's for Smith, Gers and Murray. 04. Montsegur - nothing can prepare you for the heaviness and ferociousness of this stomping freakishly loud metal song. Genius. 05. Dance Of Death - this epic starts to show the genius of Bruce Dickinson's lyrics. 06. Gates Of Tommorow - Nicko's first shot at lyrics and he makes a very good job of them allying them with a series of deadly riffs and awesome solos. 07. New Frontier - a filler compared to the rest of the album, but redemed by some sparkling early riffage and good lyrics. 08. Paschendale - Adrian Smith wrote this masterpeice of an epic and shouyld be proud. One of the greatest songs ever written. 09. Face In The Sand - angry, very loud and stunning solo's. All you need for a good metal song. 10. Age Of Innocence - a very epic sounding song about the problems with modern society. Not one of the best. 11. Journeyman - the acoustic gem makes for a different but brilliant end to the album. It is a better album than "Piece Of Mind" and "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son." One of the best Iron Maiden have produced. Brilliant, if I lost it I would kill the theif and have it back.