Death On The Road [DVD] review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Feb 21, 2005
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 8
Iron Maiden: Death On The Road [DVD]

Well, first off I love Iron Maiden, and I own Dance Of Death and Rock In Rio. It is great seeing the Dance Of Death songs, such as the title track, Paschendale, and Journeyman, being preformed live. This concert was filmed in Dortmund, Westfallenhalle Germany on the Dance Of Death Tour. As with Rock In Rio, this DVD sounds great, with a good surround sound mix.

Content — 9
The setlist for the concert includes the afformentioned Dance Of Death songs, as well as Wildest Dreams and Rainmaker. It also includes some of the popular Maiden songs off of Number Of The Beast, Piece Of Mind, Fear Of The Dark and Brave New World. Besides the Dance Of Death songs, the setlist is similar to that of the Rock In Rio concert DVD. The songs, of course, are played in typical Maiden fashion, flawlessly with lots of energy and enthusiasm, especially from Bruce Dickenson and Janick Gers. There is also a bonus features DVD with a behind the scenes look into the writing and production of Dance of Death and subsequent tour. It is a good bonus DVD, much better than the one that came with Rock In Rio.

Production Quality — 8
The production, for me, is the only low point on the product. But it is barely a low point, and I will give it an 8. The editing, done by Steve Harris, flashes between each band member far to fast for many to be comfortable watching it. It does focus on solos tho. The package even warns that people with epilepsy should refrain from watching it due to the editing.

Overall, a great DVD. I recommend it for any diehard Maiden fan, but you all probably have it by now. If you loved Rock In Rio, you may find this DVD a bit different, but hopefully you will enjoy it as much as I have. If you are not a diehard Maiden fan, pick up Rock In Rio first, then DotR if you are truely taken away with the musicianship of the band.

maidenrulz19
    yeah i was going to get it but where i live they came out defective on brave new world i think it was so now i hace to wait longer but... up the irons