Death On The Road [DVD] Review

artist: Iron Maiden date: 04/25/2006 category: compact discs
Iron Maiden: Death On The Road [DVD]
Release Date: Feb 21, 2005
This DVD captured live during the band's 2003 "Dance Of Death Tour" and filmed at the Westenfalenhalle Arena, Dortmund, Germany. The event is opened with exclusive intro by Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson and features 120 minutes of classic Maiden, such as "The Number Of The Beast," "Run To The Hills," "Wrathchild," "Hallowed Be Thy Name" and many more. In addition, fans attending the show will see exclusive footage of Maiden performing "Where Eagles Dare" and "Phantom Of The Opera" from their blistering 2005 show at Reading Festival.
 Content: 9.5
 Production Quality: 9
 9.3
 9.4
 9.2
Death On The Road [DVD] Reviewed by: JanickClone, on february 27, 2006

Sound: After watching Rock In Rio a billion times, I was semi-skeptical that this was actually "Iron Maiden's most stunning concert ever." But I was at future shop first thing on teh morning of Feb. 21/06 so I could make sure my Maiden collection was up to date. With 'Dance Of Death' being my favorite maiden album, when I first heard there was going to be another concert DVD, my first thought was "Holy shit, I'm going to get to see paschendale and dance of death live!" Being plagued by not seeing either of my favorite songs on Rock In Rio I was left with a feeling of emptiness. This DVD has filled that void. // 10

Overall Impression: This DVD was exactly what every fan has been waiting for. The solos are revamped and Bruce's voice is on a new, renergized level. My main attraction to it was knowing that dance of death and paschendale were on it, which meant a fantastic show, and they really lived up to my expectations for the songs. Another note id like to say is the song rainmaker. It was played and sung exactly as it was on the album, which is extremely impressive for a live show, let alone halfway through it. This DVD will make your collection complete and deserves every so called maiden fan standing in line to buy it. // 10

Death On The Road [DVD] Reviewed by: frazzledazzle, on april 25, 2006

Sound: Well, first off I love Iron Maiden, and I own Dance Of Death and Rock In Rio. It is great seeing the Dance Of Death songs, such as the title track, Paschendale, and Journeyman, being preformed live. This concert was filmed in Dortmund, Westfallenhalle Germany on the Dance Of Death Tour. As with Rock In Rio, this DVD sounds great, with a good surround sound mix. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, a great DVD. I recommend it for any diehard Maiden fan, but you all probably have it by now. If you loved Rock In Rio, you may find this DVD a bit different, but hopefully you will enjoy it as much as I have. If you are not a diehard Maiden fan, pick up Rock In Rio first, then DotR if you are truely taken away with the musicianship of the band. // 9

Comments