Edward The Great review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Oct 31, 2002
Iron Maiden: Edward The Great

The music styles used in this ambum are basically typical Iron Maiden heavy metal because it is a greatest hits CD. All of the songs are well recorded and the last song (Fear of the Dark) is Live at Rock in Rio.

As always, Iron Maiden has great lyrics. I think the best song for lyrics is the Flight Of Icarus because it tells a good story. I like how in Iron Maiden songs they flow right from lyrics to amazing guitar solos and make a good transition. Bruce Dickinson's voice is amazing as always, and he has a great range of notes he can reach.

I think that this is a greatest hits album that acurately represents the artist's best work, mainly because Iron Maiden chose all the songs to be on the album. I still think that Seventh "Son of a Seventh Son" is Iron Maiden's best album. The most impressive songs on the album are The Number of the Beast, for its amazing guitar solos and lyrics, Fear of the Dark (Live at Rock in Rio) for its sheer Live perfection, and the Flight of Icarus, because it is their best early song. I love that the songs are arranged in order from time they were released and that they are all really good songs. I do not hate this fact but I did notice that most Iron Maiden songs sound the same in terms of tempo. If this album were stolen from me I would definately spend the money to get a new one. Edward the Great by Iron Maiden is very woth buying because you will love having all of your favorite Maiden songs on one album together. I'd also like to say that Dave Murray does not get the respect he deserves, because he is a truly great guitarist.