Edward The Great review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Oct 31, 2002
Iron Maiden: Edward The Great

I just thought that I'd make that clear. This is an awesome CD, except for it is missing a couple key songs of their's. I honestly with I could play guitar like Dave Murray and Adrian Smith. The fact that they both solo is so cool to me, cause any band that I've been in has been hard to work that out in. I think the cool part about songs like "The Trooper" and "The Number Of The Beast" song complicated, and really awesome, but when you learn them they're easy enough that people hear you playing and are like, "god that guy's good, he's playing iron maiden stuff."

The lyrics, I think are a little weak, for the first couple songs, because they don't sound. I think the word for it is mature. Look at this line from Number Of The Beast: "I left alone... my mind was blank... I needed time to think, to get the memories from my mind." the major part that bugs me about that song is that mind is repeated in a way that you don't need to, and I think it shows poor lyrical construction. Otherwise, the singer's voice is amazing, sometimes he goes so high that it amazes me.

This is an amazing record, and if it were stolen or lost, I would get the person who burned it for me to burn it again. The best song on this album is to me, "Can I Play With Madness" I love that song, even if the solo isn't the most impressive on the record, it still is a really good song. I think that Iron Maiden is the best in their genre.