Edward The Great review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Oct 31, 2002
Iron Maiden: Edward The Great

Dude! Iron Maiden greatest hits album is awesome. The tone on the guitars is phenomenal. This covers a lot of the music they made into one disc of pure enjoyment! Definitely worth the buy!

Bruce Dickinson's voice gives me chills everytime he sings "Run To The Hills." His falsetto voice has character, raw emotion, and power. The lyrics are typical metal lyrics. You've got your battle lyrics (The Trooper), your satan-esque lyrics (Number Of The Beast) and your rock anthem song (Fear Of The Dark live from Rock In Rio). The lyrics are great but some of them don't really go with the music like on the track "can I play with madness?" Overall though, it has a good lyrical sound.

This album has some of the best of Maiden's stuff ever. The solo's of Adrian Smith, Dave Murray, and Janick Gerrs are true classic heavy metal. The only problem I have with the album is that they left off the track "Aces High." The best tracks are The Trooper, The Wickerman, Run To The Hills, and the Number Of The Beast. This disc also includes the live version of Fear Of The Dark from their performance at Rock In Rio and reall kicks ass! I would go and buy it again if it were lost or stolen!