Edward The Great review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Oct 31, 2002
Iron Maiden: Edward The Great

If your just begining to listen to iron maiden, I highly recomend that you pick up this album. When I firsted started to atcually like music back in 2003 I bought 3 maiden albums and this was the first that I listen to. Basically this album gives brief look through the history of the bands speedy guitar and loud ass bass by Steve Harris. Since it's after a compilation album, there's no music breakthrough or new style created when it came to iron maiden. I would never like music if I never listened to this great album.

Though you never hear any of the original Paul Di anno songs you get a great dose of bruce dickinson, who I think is one of the best singer around today. Blaze baleys two songs are the low point of the album with "Man On The Edge" and "Futereal" where the lyrics get really repetitive and the chorus is just repeated multiple times. The lyrics in each song tells a horror story that takes you away. Wether it's about wars bettween europeans and indians (run to the hills) or wether a mans fate is doomed (can I play with madness) Bruce Dickinson really fills the last holes with the music.

Since it's a greatest hits album from such a great band, all the songs are fantastic on this album. This album gave me the impression that maiden is one of the greatest metal bands of all time. I would never give up this album. I love the fast that there are virtually no dissapointments about this album. All the great songs are there and it must have been difficult for maiden to decide which songs to chooses from when making this.

Shredder Guitar
    i dont get it. i know its a great album, but why buy it and write a review almost 4 years after youve bought it?
    deathmetalegend
    okay, this is not as great an album as it is made out to be....sure, its good, but its certainly not an iron maiden greatest hits...going through the tracks, 10-14 should not be on this album, a few others have less right than others. 14 of the tracks have less place on this cd than hallowed be thy name, but there are so many of the songs that make maiden a great band missing...rime of the ancient mariner, wrathchild, phantom of the opera, powerslave, hallowed be thy name, be quick or be dead and aces high all have more right on that cd than every track on there apart from run to the hills, number of the beast and the trooper. this is NOT a maiden greatest hits, but if you've never heard iron maiden before, its worth the buy