Iron Maiden review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Apr 14, 1980
Iron Maiden: Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden's debut album has been one of the greatest in metal history, so i decided to do a review of it. The guitars dominate this whole album with the amazing riffs and solos. The bass is amazing too, these album was a little more with punk and heavy metal. This album's most recognized song for its amazing riffs and solos is Phantom Of The Opera, the epic of the album, the 7 minute long song, which is still one of maidens best. But the production in this album is not as great as the later albums.

The lyrics in this album are very good some of them, but on the other side they have their low point in some. Like in the song Charlotte The Harlot, this song is a very good song, with some great bass riffing, its probably the simplest track on the album, but the lyrics are about a prostitute, the lyrics are not really bad, but I mean, with Murray's talent, I could imagine something better than that. Paul Di'Anno is a very good singer, hes vocals fit the songs very well, but Bruce Dickinson sounds a lot better than him, its just that Paul Di'Anno did not have much of a voice to sing in a heavy metal band.

I rated this cd a 5, because of its great guitar riffs and solos, great vocals by Paul Di'Anno, good lyrics, and the amazing bass by Steve Harris. The highlights of the cd are definitely Phantom Of The Opera, Strange World, which is a really slow song by Maiden, but its lyrics and music are excellent. Another great song from this album, is the instrumental Transylvania mostly because of its guitar work. If I would lose this cd I'd definitely buy it again, its one of maiden's bests. This album is definitely worth getting, but I think you have to be into iron maiden and some similar bands to really apreciate it. I think that these album has some low points too, like the title track is the shortest song on the album and does not even include a solo, and it repeats the same lyrics 3 times, I mean I was expecting a masterpiece, but most of the songs are pretty well done, but the three I named are what mostly give this album a rating of five.