Iron Maiden review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Apr 14, 1980
Iron Maiden: Iron Maiden

01. "Prowler" - This song has a great intro with wah and isn't too difficult to learn either. 02. "Remember Tomorrow" - From start to finish an Iron Maiden Classic with an awesome oxymoronic song title. 03. "Running Free" - Leaning towards a less Metal sound, but has a catchy chorus. 04. "Phantom Of The Opera" - Probably my favorite song off this album along with "Transylvania". 05. "Transylvania" - A great instrumental and tied for favorite off this album with "Transylvania". 06. "Strange World" - The weakest song in the album, it's a good song, but it never seems to catch fire. 07. "Sanctuary" - A track that wasn't on the original release, although I don't see why not include it. 08. "Charlotte The Harlot" - 2nd best out of Maiden's "Charlotte" song series. 09. "Iron Maiden" - Amazing title track with an amazing intro, just an amazing song.

Not much to say about the lyrics, there's a lot of variety, but not until Maiden got a hold of Bruce Dickinson do the lyrics hit perfection, still Paul Di'Anno does a really good job at singing them! The only possible way the singing could have been better would be if Bruce Dickinson had done them, but, I'm not complaining with the final product am I?

Although I prefer their album "Killers" from the Di'Anno era, this is still a really good album. Best Songs: "Phantom Of The Opera", "Transylvania", "Iron Maiden". There's not much to hate about this album, it is an impressive first effort from a very consistent band. If this album were to be stolen, I'd buy it again, of course!