Live After Death [DVD] review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Feb 4, 2008
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 10
Iron Maiden: Live After Death [DVD]

What can I say? This is Iron Maiden in the pinnicale of their career! Bruce Dicknson on Vocals, Arian Smith and Dave Murray on Guitars, Steve Harris on Bass and Niko Mc Brian on Drums is the ultimate line-up for a metal concert. The songs on this DVD are mainly off the Powerslave album. Examples of these songs include 2 Minutes To Midnight, Aces High, Powerslave and the epic Rime Of The Ancient Mariner! Also included off previous albums are Revalations, The Trooper, Number Of The Beast, Iron Maiden, Sanctuary, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Run To The Hills and Running Free in which Bruce includes the crowd spectacularly and is a prime example on how this band is one of the great metal bands of all time! This DVD was recorded in LA's Long Beach Arena in which they sold-out four consecutive night's during the World Slavery Tour.

Content — 9
The content on this DVD is top shelf stuff! There is two discs: Disc 1 is the Live After Death concert itself, Disc 2 includes The History Of Iron Maiden Part 2, Behind The Iron Curtain, Rock In Rio and the videos of Aces High and 2 Minutes To Midnight. The History Of Iron Maiden Part 2 is a very entertaining insight to recording of Powerslave and the tour of the album. Including the back-story about Misson From 'Arry and some of the band's more wild night's out! Behind The Iron Curtain is an insight on how Iron Maiden was the only band to play in the Eastern Bloc featuring unseen preformance's and interviews.

Production Quality — 10
The Quality of this DVD set's the standard for Music DVD's in terms of content and preformance! The every song can be heard prefectly aswell as the crowd singing along with them! Overall the sound, production and the quality of this DVD is top-dog. There is not many Technological tricks because of the era that the VHS version of this DVD was created but the stage lighting and effects make-up for this.

This DVD is essential to any fan of Iron Maiden or Metal! The most impressive thing about this DVD is the concert Live After Death itself but everthing on this DVD is amazing! If I lost this DVD I would buy Two of them to make sure I'd never lose it again! I would recomend this DVD to any fan new or old of Iron Maiden as it is a grea insight to the band and their history during the time when they ruled the metal universe!

SamTotman
    Still no caught somewhere in time/loneliness of long distance runner/deja vu/alexander the great/sea of madness live. WHY!?
    CapnKickass
    Saw them monday, facking awesome to the max. The stage is so coool, the playing was perfect, and everyone stood and sang along. Kick arse show.
    shredder.cheese
    Rented the DVD set from Netflix a couple of weeks ago for nostalgia (I was at the first show in Long Beach those many years ago) and man Iron Maiden still rocks. It is good to hear from other posters here that the band can still kick a** over 20 years later. Up The Irons!!!
    MorgMetal_666
    They're just as good now as they were then. I saw them and they sounded just like the albums, one of the best live bands ever.
    TheHammer
    Rajah wrote: gattcat0 wrote: 2 words how much? Mine was A$22. I would have happily paid twice as much.
    I DID pay twice as much, thanks to Wal-Mart