Piece Of Mind review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Jan 1, 1983
Iron Maiden: Piece Of Mind

I'm back again with another Iron Maiden album review, I did the one in the Self Titled album and Seventh Son of A Seventh Son, and here I am writing one for one of their greatest albums. I rate Piece of Mind a 5 in the sound because, musically this is one of Maiden's greatest albums. Maiden after looking at the succes they had with the number of the beast, they wrote a similar album, with its amazing guitar work, bass work and drums with their new drummer Nicko McBrain. The songwriting in this album evolves from number of the beast, even though it was their first album to include fillers (Quest for Fire, Sun and Steel). The solos on this album are another part that make this album so great, and tunes like The Trooper, Where Eagles Dare, Flight Of Icarus, and Die With Your Boots On show why this is one of the greatest heavy metal albums ever, the quieter Revelations and Still Life make this album one of Maiden's greatests.

The lyrics on this album are very interesting, most of them were inspired by movies, books or religion. Some of them have deeper meaning like Still Life. The lyrics go along great with the music. They also have lyrics like The Trooper and Where Eagles Dare, which are war lyrics, the lyrics on both of this are very well put and written. Another deeper meaning lyrics are the ones in Revelations, this song is about religion. Bruce Dickinson as always is Amazing. Bruce Dickinson is what maiden were missing in the first two albums.

This album contains some of Maiden's greatest songs ever, like The Trooper, Revelations, Where Ealges Dare and Still Life. This songs are so good because of their amazing guitar and bass riffs, and also you cant miss the guitar solos, Adrian and Dave do an awesome job at writing them on this album. Another great song of the album is To Tame a Land, its based on the book Dune. This song is a 7 minute song which contains some of Maiden's greatest musical work, but the lyrics were never great. The only song I do not like on this album is Sun And Steel, while msot people hate Quest For Fire, I think it's a great song, but Sun and Steel is really weak, it doesn't have any good guitar riffs, the only thing that stands out are the solos like in probably any other Maiden song. This is my favourite album with Somewhere in Time (Which I will be doing a review shortly). This album is Definitely worth buying, if you listen to heavy metal, this is the album you need to get. So for anyone who does not have this album, I recommend you to get your ass to a CD store and buy it Now!