Powerslave review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Sep 3, 1984
Iron Maiden: Powerslave

The riffs of this CD are catchy, yet somehow never get old. The main riff in the title track, Powerslave, is a good example of that. I have the enhanced limited edition of this CD and the quality is great. Even if you get the original non enhanced version, you can still hear Steve Harris and his clunky bass.

Bruce Dickinson serves with distinction in this recording. His operatic tone enhances the music and makes it more dramatic. The lyrics are great and are cleverly written. There is one little clash with the music and the vocals in my opinion, which happens when the guitars are playing during the chorus of Back in the Village. It might just be me, but some, or even most, will not even consider it a clash.

This CD is one of Maidens best and belongs in everyones CD collection. The great thing about the limited edition though is that you get photos, footage, and more. I love how Steve's bass clunks along with the music; it make it more memorable. The epic Rime of the Ancient Mariner (which is based on the poem of the same name), Aces High, Powerslave, and Back in the Village are my favorite songs of this CD.

fr33t0m
    If you don't have this album by now, the time has come! Amazing album, and a Maiden world tour based on this album is coming. Must have album! 9.1/10