Rock In Rio review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Mar 26, 2002
Iron Maiden: Rock In Rio

Probably The Most unique metal band I have ever heard. Bruce's singing is what I like to call "Air raid siren vocals" because of their extreme higher pitched twist that sets him apart from most metal singers. Iron Maiden's songs are more complex and melodic than many modern metal bands, or even many of the bands who were around during the same time period as Iron Maiden. This album, Rock In Rio, has all the best Iron Maiden songs, with the added twist of being live. The crowd singing can make hashbrowns out of a song sometimes, though.

Iron Maiden has more meaningful lyrics than many bands I have heard, with many of the lyrics based on movies, or historical events. The lyrics have their place in the music, although when Bruce tries to get the crowd to sing, it fails occasionally and makes the song sound choppy. Bruce is an exceptional singer, with his own unique voice that nobody could ever duplicate.

This is one of the better live albums I have heard. Like I said before, sometimes the lyrics sound choppy due to the crowd's lack of singing in some parts. My favorite songs off this album are Dream of Mirrors, Run To The Hills, The Trooper, and The Evil That Men Do. The other songs are good as well, but those in my opinion were the best. I this was stolen, I would go out and buy a new copy immediately.

Bloody Headache
    METSOAD you were supposed to be reviewing the CD not the DVD the inclusion of visial analysis of the show was irrelevant and your idea about not bothering to review the lyrics was offputting. I prefer this tracklist to Death on the Road but Janick never ceases to annoy me by playing Adrian's solos and trying and failing to keep up with him on The Trooper solo, not to mention he nabbed all his showman antics from Richie Blackmore.
    Donkey Fly
    METSOAD.....Sanctuary was not ruined by it stopping and starting.....tahst what it's meant to do....and it is the CD not DVD
    IronMaiden8991
    This is IMO the best of Maiden's Live albums, my favorite tracks on it are Fear of the Dark and Hallowed Be Thy Name, they sound absolutely sick on those 2.
    M.B.MetalTabber
    I agree, Fear of the Dark sounds cool with thousands of fans singing along, and Wrathchild sounds really good with Bruce Dickinson
    n00barmy
    If there was one Iron Maiden album to own, this would be it. It has a great tracklist and many of the songs on here are better than the studio versions. Rock In Rio's "Fear Of The Dark" is the best recording of that song on any Maiden release.