Rock In Rio [DVD] review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Oct 23, 2003
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 8
Iron Maiden: Rock In Rio [DVD]

First off, if you have already took time to read all the Maiden reviews, you have noticed people have nothing but good things to say about them. I love Maiden, and they did a great job with this DVD as always. Sound wise was great, during some songs the guitar drowns out bruces voice or maybe its my sound sytem. They did a great job though, the overall sound is great quality, and even better when it's cranked up loud the way it was meant to be. Maiden really did a great job performing, it really captures that high energy feeling that you can't get with the CD version I think.

Content — 8
This is a "live" concert DVD, mainly covering there bigger hits, they put an emphases on the songs from the new album. The overall content is pretty good, the first CD is all the performance and the second is just them kinda goofing around doing interview kinda stuff. I was pretty satisfied with the overall content you get what you pay for.

Production Quality — 8
It was produced and mixed by who other than Steve Harris, and I think he did a good job of it. The whole concert was a good production, and included a lot of the atrical stuff that added to the music and gave Bruce something to run and swing on during the guitar solos. Overall production wasnt lacking at all in this show.

This is probably one of my favorite concert DVD's and I would probably be tempted to buy it again if I lost it. I am a big fan so watching this DVD was a lot of fun, if you hold your concert DVD expectations really high then make your own review. I loved how it captured how much energy they really put into there performances. The 3 guitar attack between Adrian, Janick, and Dave was entertaining. The sound was almost identical to some of there studio stuff during some songs that it was scary and other songs were a lot different and had a lot of improv stuff added in, which helped to balance it out. If your a true Maiden fan, this is the DVD to have.