Rock In Rio [DVD] review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Oct 23, 2003
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 7
Iron Maiden: Rock In Rio [DVD]

This is one of the first times I hear Iron Maiden. Rock In Rio is filmed about a breathtaking concert in Rio De Janeiro, in front of 5 000 000 people. It was actually much better than I'd thought Iron Maiden is. It is definately my favourite heavy metal- band. The music style is heavy metal, but I was impressed about it, it actually sounded like music, not like the screeching you usually hear from other heavy and death metal bands. The members of Iron Maiden seemed quite talented.

Content — 8
Here's the list of tracks: 01. Intro 02. The Wicker Man 03. Ghost Of The Navigator 04. Brave New World 05. Wrathchild 06. 2 Minutes To Midnight 07. Blood Brothers 08. Sign Of The Cross 09. The Mercenary 10. The Trooper 11. Dream Of Mirrors 12. The Clansmen 13. The Evil That Men Do 14. Fear Of The Dark 15. Iron Maiden 16. The Number Of The Beast 17. Hallowed Be Thy Name 18. Sanctuary 19. Run To The Hills My favourite songs were The Wicker man and The Trooper. This DVD has 125 minutes of tracks and 50 minutes of bonus material. Disc one has the concert, disc two the bonus material.

Production Quality — 7
I would have hoped a better quality of the production, but it still is over satisfactory. The concert was held at night, so there's lots of lights everywhere. The quality of the sound is as good as the on the Rock In Rio CD-version (I've heard the CD too, but I like the DVD much much more).

Iron Maiden is definately the best Heavy Metal band that I've heard. The most impressive thing on the DVD is actually the fact that over 5 000 000 people came to the concert! I love just about everything on this DVD, except that the quality of the production should have been better. Iron Maiden did a great concert, congrats to them! If I'd lose this DVD etc. I would not get this same DVD again but maybe another Iron Maiden one, I don't know. I recommend this to every heave metal-lover and to other people too.

BroDD
    From the top review "in front of 5 000 000 people." Uhm, no.. the venue held around 250 000 but they only let around 150 000 or so in for safety reasons...