Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Apr 11, 1988
Iron Maiden: Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is for many maiden's most successful and greatest album. Well it would be fair to say that for this album, but I believe that Somewhere in Time is a better album. Well Seventh Son, has some of the greatest maiden guitar work, great solos, and one of their greatest solos ever included on the title track. This album also sounds quite amazing with Adrian Smith's Guitar Synth and Steve Harris' Bass Synth. Also the guitar riffs on this album make it go to other levels, also the bass work by Steve Harris is some of his most memorable ones.

In this album the lyrics are taken to a whole new level, from songs like Infinite Dreams to The Evil That Men Do (Which lyrics came from Shakespeare's words) and to something never done by Iron Maiden. A trilogy, the Seventh Son trilogy includes, Seventh Son of A Seventh Son, which is when the Son is born, and the start. Then The Prophecy, thats when the Seventh Son warns everyone, and tries to help everyone by trying to make them to have faith in him, and then their third single released The Clairvoyant, which is when he meets the maker, this has never been done by Maiden, but it is amazing. And of course Bruce Dickinson vocals are always great, there are some of Bruce's greatest vocals in this album.

Seventh Son of A Seventh Son, is Iron Maiden's perfection of Somewhere in Time, by using the bass and guitar synths more effectively. Seventh Son, has a new touch to maiden's music, it has the never before seen trilogy and the different lyrics. Well they also have some of their greatest bass and guitar works, this including riffs, solos, and the sytnhs. Most impressive songs here are, the second single released: The Evil That Men Do, Infinite Dreams, Seventh Son of A Seventh Son, and the short lengthed closer Only The Good Die Young. Also Maiden have some of their best acoustic work in The Prophecy. The only song thats I weak, is Can I Play With Madness, their first single off the album, because its guitar riffs are very weak, and the solo is too short. If I lost this album I would definitely buy it again. This album is DEFINITELY worth buying, it's some of Maiden's finest works. So if you dont have this album, I recommend you pick it up.