Somewhere In Time review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Sep 29, 1986
Iron Maiden: Somewhere In Time

Well, since im a guitar player the thing I listen to mainly in this is the guitars. Dave Murray doesn't seem to have his usual lively solo's in this, they drag on a bit, but still quite good. Adrian on the other hand, well, amazing guitar work here, Wasted Years, incredible, The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner, fantasic. Bruce is always at top notch, Steve maintains his incomparable bass technique, and Nicko, well, its just Nicko innit, can he be bad???

The lyrics in this, I find are quite deep, and very effective, except for one song. Alexander The Great is a very good song, but the lyrics, thats another thing. I find the last chorus kinda lame, and if it was anyone else singing, I would hate the song, but Bruce projects his voice perfectly in it. I'm still giving this a 5, as the other 7 songs are incredible.

I think Maiden were right to disagree with Bruce about this album. He wanted an acoustic album, which eevryone knows could not have worked for the time. I find it a shame that he got no song writing credits, but the band have produced another mind-blowing album, and the synthesizers are just incredible. My favourite album. Easily.