The Number of the Beast review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Jan 3, 2005
Iron Maiden: The Number of the Beast

Iron Maiden is the grandfather of metal. After playing for more than 30 years, Iron Maiden are still the flawless Iron Maiden that they started out as. Iron maiden is truly undisputed, their latest album (A matter of life and death, which I shall review next), just proves that maiden did not sell out like the rest. If you asked me honestly, I think every album of Maiden has what a Maiden fan asks for. According to me Number of the Beast is a brilliant album, the third best album of all time after 'tallica's Master of Puppets and Ride the lightning.

Every song of maiden has a story to tell, be it Number of the beast or Run to the hills. The lyrics are unbeatable in this album. But more impressive than the lyric's is the vocals. Check out the vocals in Hallowed be thy name, run to the hills and 22 acacia avenue. Bruce Dickinson is almost uncomparable and an essential part of Maiden. The number of the beast is one of my favourite songs of all time. The lyrics were based on Steve Harris's dream, supposedly.

I love the album. I love the album not for all the tracks but for the three outstanding pieces of metal, the three unforgettable anthems of Iron Maiden The Number Of The Beast, Hallowed Be Thy Name and Run To The Hills. You need to hear these songs to realise just what a brilliant piece of metalwork it is. Although I really love Iron Maiden and this album of their's (their best of what I've heard), I don't think it is the greatest metal album (Master Of Puppets is) but it is definitely right up there in the top 5 greatest albums ever.

ironBLSmaiden
    The drums on this album have kick-ass drum beats in every song on this album and Nicko McBrain can defenitely pound those things hard ass.
    Nikkio didn't come in until piece of mind, that was clive burr