The Number of the Beast review by Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden: The Number of the Beast

I would have liked this album to have been a bit "heavier", but the sound is really nothing to complain about. The production was good, and Bruce Dickinson sounds utterly flawless (his scream on Number of the Beast is my personal favorite part of the album). The solo's were good, but what I first noticed was the drumming. The best tracks to hear the drumming are Run to The Hills and Gangland.

Iron Maiden has great lyrics. Simple as that. Their writing is definately one of their strongest aspects. Each song really tells a story to you, about topics such as native americans to gangland shootings. They really fit the music and Bruce Dickinsons aggressive voice.

This should be the first Iron Maiden album you buy. It really can get you into their music. The best songs on the album are Number Of The Beast, Run To The Hills, Gangland, and Total Eclipse. The only thing about this album I dislike is the fact that quite a few of the songs and solo's sound very similiar. If this album was stolen or lost, I would surely buy it again.