The Number of the Beast review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Jan 3, 2005
Iron Maiden: The Number of the Beast

This is Iron Maiden's most famous album and for a good reason first of all this is the introduction of singer Bruce Dickinson which to me is the best metal singer.In my opinion this made Iron Maiden more melodic and metal sounding than the last two records with Paul DiAnno which made the band sound more like punk than metal. The sound is amazing with that classic distorted sound.This was their last album with drummer Clive Burr which he did not disappoint with a fast and ferocious drumming on Run To The Hills to a slow beat on Children Of The Damme. And you have the amazing duo of Dave and Adrian which had good solos like Dave on The first solo of The Number Of The Beas and Adrian in 22 Acacia Avenue they both did a good job.

The Lyrics vary and are about different topics like the British Indian war in Run To The Hills, Or a woman that Adrian met and a sequel to Charlotte The Harlot In 22 Acacia Avenue, Or a guy about to receive the death penalty in Hallowed Be Thy Name to lastly but not least at all the controversial lyrics in The Number Of The Beast about a person being witness to a satanic ritual and is also influenced by a poem Steve Harris read as a kid. Steve wrote all the song except 22 acacia avenue which Adrian wrote before he was a member in Maiden. Bruce voice is so magnificent in this album that words can't describe it. So this album lyrics are phenomenal because it's the essence of heavy metal.

This Album is really good because it just builds up with invaders which is a good song and ends up with a fan favorite which is the masterpiece that is Hallowed Be Thy Name Every track is powerful in this album especially the classics which are the prisoner, 22 acacia avenue, run to the hills, the number of the beast, children of the dammed, and hallowed be thy name. The only Bad song I consider on the album is Total Eclipse its not a bad song its just that it does not compare to the others. If this album is stolen I would definitely go kill the guy who took it and buy another 5 copies because the songs are good and the album cover is the best album cover I have ever seen.

WARNINGnimrod12
    The JesterHead wrote: Quinj wrote: Is there a true metalhead that doesnt own this album? lol. Oh, and Master Of Puppets ****ing fails in comparision to any of the Madien albums, not just this. Well, acctaully, Master Of Puppets sucked in general, best metal album ever my ass! Claiming to be a true metalhead and dissing MoP... Whatta move. Iron Maiden definetly beats Metallica, but saying something like this really, really stupid. MoP is a classic, period. Not THE best, but among the greatest metal achievements of all time. And as for The Number of the Beast? Hallowed Be Thy Name might be the greatest song of all time, at least to me. I don't have a fave by Maiden, every album is unique and brilliant in its own way... Up the Irons!
    +500000