Sirens Review

It Dies Today: Sirens
Release Date: Oct 3, 2006
Label: Trustkill
Genres: Rock
The breakout band of 2005 will return with their sophomore album, Sirens to blow everyone away.
 8.5
 8.3
 8.6
review (1) 17 comments vote for this album:
Sirens Reviewed by: Jcocarooski, on october 02, 2006

Sound: I see this CD as one big change for It Dies Today. It has become one of the better CDs this year after listening through a few times. The sound on this CD has become a bit more of the singing, faster-paced part of the genre. It Dies Today has made themselves into a better band with the new sound, making themselves open to more opportunities on the metal, hardcore, or emo scenes. Nick is now trying new kinds of screaming, yelling, singing, whatever you call it. The CD still has the sick sound It Dies Today puts out, the sound that will always separate them from everyone else. Like every other CD that has come out this year, It Dies Today has followed this trend where everyone just keeps going in different directions. Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the sound in this album, just as good as The Caitiff Choir. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics It Dies Today has put out on this CD are a bit more heartfelt and still mind-boggling with the big words It Dies Today uses (not that I can't understand it, just when I try to figure out lyrics, it's a bit harder with Nick screaming words you can only figure out the meanings in the dictionary). But, the CD they put together goes along with the lyrics. Songs like "Sirens", "A Port In Any Storm", "Reignite The Fires" and "A Constant Reminder" have shown that IDT is still one of the elite bands. At first, I got a bit annoyed with Nick's new kind of screaming, but I grew to it and really am impressed. Nick has now shown that he can sing, scream, yell, basically anything. He is an extremely talented individual. But overall, the lyrics and singing in Sirens compare well with The Caitiff Choir. // 9

Overall Impression: This CD has compared well with every other artist that has came out with a new CD this year. To me, change is good, and every band has changed a lot this year with the new albums. It Dies Today shows they can still be good while reaching out to a lot of ends on the genre spectrum. They are still metal and hardcore, with a touch of screamo on the side. I compare their change to the new CD of Norma Jean's "Redeemer", where It Dies Today has become a little bit softer with the sound, but hell, they put together one great CD. The most impressive songs on Sirens are Reignite The Fires, Sirens, A Port In Any Storm, Sacred Heart (Sacre Coeur), and Through Leaves, Over Bridges. I loved the new kinds of singing Nick has put out on this CD, It Dies Today has shown that they are still one of the elite. I also love the new breakdowns they put down on the CD, it makes me want to bash my head off the wall. Nick's singing has also improved, and also the instrumentals have improved. What I don't like about this CD is the constant sound we get in some of the songs, where you know that a chorus or breakdown is coming up. I like the element of suprise. If this CD was stolen from me, I would for sure go out and buy another copy. This was one great CD, pretty comparable to The Caitiff Choir. They still have a great sound, but I do know this CD will attract some new fans, and probably turn away some of the old, where It Dies Today has become a bit lighter. My opinion, It Dies Today's "Sirens" is one awesome CD. // 8

Comments