The Caitiff Choir review by It Dies Today

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
It Dies Today: The Caitiff Choir

Buffalo's premier metalcore band, It Dies Today, released this album a few years back. Even today, this is a strong album, regarded as one of the best metalcore has ever seen. It has a big sound and excellent production, excellent riffing(obviously a few dull moments, but every band has theirs), and in general, everything that was done was done right and it exceeded my expectations.

The album is based on Dante's Divine Comedy. Nick Brooks' uniquely identifiable screaming is better than ever here, and it is still unparalleled in metalcore. His flow is perfect. The singing is tolerable enough. Lyrics are pretty well-written. Totally solid all-around.

The Caitiff Choir is one of my favorite albums of all time, if anybody steals this from me then I will follow them and while they run away, jump from a roof and headbutt them in the orbital bone. I like "Defeatism", "Revelations", FGFA and "My Promise" a lot. If you think metalcore is a totally dry genre, get this and, you'll at least make a case for IDT being great.

ianaimo
    this is still the best it dies today CD :/ lividy was ok but a little bit disappointing...