Capture And Embrace review by It Prevails

• Released: Feb 17, 2009
It Prevails: Capture And Embrace

If I could put this band in a genre of its own, it would be called "Pretty Hardcore." If you're someone looking for some heavy music with a lot of breakdowns, look elsewhere. It Prevails is all about melody when it comes to their musical style, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Every ringing melody that you hear on this album sounds like it was heaven sent and really sets a calming mood throughout the entire album. The production of this album is quite different from It Prevails' previous outing "The Inspiration." The guitars are less distorted, to add to the whole melodic sound, and tons of cool effects were added to give a great feel of ambiance. I listen to some of these guitar riffs, and just imagine myself floating on clouds.

The lyrics are the real highlight of this album. Vocalist, Ian Fike, put a lot of time and effort into writing the most meaningful and close-to-heart lyrics ever imagined. Every song is extremely emotional and positive. I can tell that the lyrics deal with personal issues that either Ian or other band members have endured, and that's what makes melodic hardcore so special. Instead of writing lyrics just to be lyrics, they write lyrics that actually mean something and in some cases, can actually help people through difficult times.

If you're a fan of Misery Signals, definitely check out this album. The only bad thing I would say about the album is that it keeps to a strict Lead Guitarist/Rhythm Guitarist form. I wish that sometimes, the guitarists would share some of the lead and rhythm parts, but the album and their overall sound is absolutely breathtaking nonetheless. If you want to take a break from the monotonous blast beats, chugging breakdowns, pig squeals, etc. Give this band a listen. You won't be disappointed.

synestershadows
    dude, did you read what I said? Most melodic hardcore bands don't come across the same way they do. Most of their stuff is very atmosphere and "pretty" sounding. That's just my own way of describing them, jerkoff.
    synestershadows
    Yeah, I would never call them "pretty hardcore." It's just how I would describe them since they just have these amazing melodic leads, etc.