Iwrestledabearonce review by iwrestledabearonce

• Released: Jan 27, 2009
iwrestledabearonce: Iwrestledabearonce

The sound of this band is unlike anything I have ever heard. They have insane, weird sounding guitars, blasting drum beats, and incredible growls, screams, and singing from the most badass woman alive: Krysta Cameron. They mix so many unique genres together than it's hard to even label the genre. From the Mario theme break in 'Corey Feldman Holocaust, to the beautiful melodic singing in 'Ulrich Firelord: Breaker Of Mountains, the band had very diverse sound, and it's packed in perfectly with hilarity and impressive instrumentals. The only complaints I would have would be the fact that it's only an EP, thus, over too fast. And the melodic singing sections could use some improvement.

The vocals and lyrics are serious, hilarious, meaningful, and awesome all at once. Not that you can understand what they are, but if you take the time to read em', you'll be blown away. Some themes and lyrical issues make the words less than perfect though, but altogether, very awesome. Fit's in with well most grindcore vocals, yet stands out greatly.

I love this CD. It's interesting, new, strange, brutal, beautiful, and all around awesome. Complaints: Only-decent melodic singing, some stupid lyrics, and the fact that it has to end. I look foreward to the bands debut. If I lost this album, I would kill myself for losing it. Overall, the album is great, if you like grindcore, you'll love it. If you can look past minor issues, you'll love it more. If you don't like metal, go f--k yourself.

Lion_Slicer
    Sweet! I got this from my sister, along with Protest the Hero's Fortress, for Christmas... this band is freakin' weird. Singer owns. I love when they put her screaming over the techno-ish music. It just sounds so cool. BTW, check out their myspace. Their video for Tastes Like Kevin Bacon is um... well youll have to see it.
    KnownUnknown
    I agree, the only bad thing about this is that it is an EP . Can't wait for a full release from these guys.