Iwrestledabearonce review by iwrestledabearonce

• Released: Jan 27, 2009
iwrestledabearonce: Iwrestledabearonce

To sum the overall sound up in one word, I would say: Insane. The two guitarists harmonize so many weird and outrageous riffs (like in Tastes Like Kevin Bacon), but then they sound awesome. Most of the songs on the album eventually get softer when the girl screamer (who is an amazing screamer by the way) regularly sings to calm music, and that is quite soothing. Only complaint of mine with that is though is that it doesn't really go along with the song. I think it would be great if they had a whole song like that, but I don't know, it just sounds weird mixed together. Still very good sound. Oh, I forgot to mention, they are amazing live. The girl screamer is amazingly awesome and so is everybody else in the band. Great band all around

To be honest, most of the lyrics I can't pick out. The screaming is so.. Idk how to word it but brutal that it's hard to really understand what they are saying, so I'll just concentrate on the singers skills. They are amazing. Regular singing is amazing and so are the screams. It's a little weird at first like "Hey wow this is a girl screaming" but then you are like "omg this is awesome this girl rocks!".

This was a very amazing first album from this band. They are about to release another album, and that should be as awesome as the first. All of the songs only have at least 1 bad thing, if not any, about thim. it's a phenominal album, and any fan of screamo, death metal, or grindcore would love Iwrestledabearonce.

Harrisfun
    the only thing that bothers me is that almost all of their songs sound the same