Iwrestledabearonce [EP] Review

artist: iwrestledabearonce date: 05/01/2009 category: compact discs
iwrestledabearonce: Iwrestledabearonce [EP]
Released: Jan 27, 2009
Genre: Death Metal
They have insane, weird sounding guitars, blasting drum beats, and incredible growls, screams, and singing from the most bada-s woman alive: Krysta Cameron.
 9.1
 9.2
Iwrestledabearonce [EP] Reviewed by: ThisIsExile666, on march 16, 2009

Sound: The sound of this band is unlike anything I have ever heard. They have insane, weird sounding guitars, blasting drum beats, and incredible growls, screams, and singing from the most badass woman alive: Krysta Cameron. They mix so many unique genres together than it's hard to even label the genre. From the Mario theme break in 'Corey Feldman Holocaust, to the beautiful melodic singing in 'Ulrich Firelord: Breaker Of Mountains, the band had very diverse sound, and it's packed in perfectly with hilarity and impressive instrumentals. The only complaints I would have would be the fact that it's only an EP, thus, over too fast. And the melodic singing sections could use some improvement. // 9

Lyrics: The vocals and lyrics are serious, hilarious, meaningful, and awesome all at once. Not that you can understand what they are, but if you take the time to read em', you'll be blown away. Some themes and lyrical issues make the words less than perfect though, but altogether, very awesome. Fit's in with well most grindcore vocals, yet stands out greatly. // 8

Overall Impression: I love this CD. It's interesting, new, strange, brutal, beautiful, and all around awesome. Complaints: Only-decent melodic singing, some stupid lyrics, and the fact that it has to end. I look foreward to the bands debut. If I lost this album, I would kill myself for losing it. Overall, the album is great, if you like grindcore, you'll love it. If you can look past minor issues, you'll love it more. If you don't like metal, go f--k yourself. // 9

Iwrestledabearonce [EP] Reviewed by: Shoeless Hobo 8, on may 01, 2009

Sound: To sum the overall sound up in one word, I would say: Insane. The two guitarists harmonize so many weird and outrageous riffs (like in Tastes Like Kevin Bacon), but then they sound awesome. Most of the songs on the album eventually get softer when the girl screamer (who is an amazing screamer by the way) regularly sings to calm music, and that is quite soothing. Only complaint of mine with that is though is that it doesn't really go along with the song. I think it would be great if they had a whole song like that, but I don't know, it just sounds weird mixed together. Still very good sound. Oh, I forgot to mention, they are amazing live. The girl screamer is amazingly awesome and so is everybody else in the band. Great band all around // 9

Lyrics: To be honest, most of the lyrics I can't pick out. The screaming is so.. Idk how to word it but brutal that it's hard to really understand what they are saying, so I'll just concentrate on the singers skills. They are amazing. Regular singing is amazing and so are the screams. It's a little weird at first like "Hey wow this is a girl screaming" but then you are like "omg this is awesome this girl rocks!". // 10

Overall Impression: This was a very amazing first album from this band. They are about to release another album, and that should be as awesome as the first. All of the songs only have at least 1 bad thing, if not any, about thim. it's a phenominal album, and any fan of screamo, death metal, or grindcore would love Iwrestledabearonce. // 10

Comments