Izzy Stradlin & The Ju Ju Hounds review by Izzy Stradlin

• Released: Oct 13, 1992
Izzy Stradlin: Izzy Stradlin & The Ju Ju Hounds

The sound of this album is really great, with an overall bluesy tone with drops of country and rock throughout the album. Izzy really pulled together some great riffs for this album, and it all comes through very well on the album. Both Izzy Stradlin and Eddie Ashworth did a very good job in mixing and producing this album, which goes to show that the artist knows best as opposed to the record company. This is a classic Izzy album, as the stuff from his GN'R days was only backing guitar for the most part, and he only got to sing for a few songs in those days but he really shows his talents in writing and producing his own music.

The lyrics on this album are very general overall, but it suits the type of music perfectly. Had it gone in to more depth it would take away from the feel of the music being put across. These lyrics go great with Izzys voice for the most part and he did a great job in putting together a good mix on deep, and fun songs.

Overall, this is a great album, I would recommend it to anyone who just likes good all around music and for those Guns N' Roses fans who are looking to expand their views. Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds was Izzy's debut album from GN'R in 1992 when he left and he comes through very well. Not too many people could cover Toots and the Maytals - Pressure Drop very well, but Izzy took the creative initative to change things up and step on some new grounds. This album has many great songs, of many different styles and I believe that anyone can grow to love it.

metalifan
    I agree what this guy says. Izzy is awesome but I wish I could find his solo albums. I only have this and River. Where are you 117 degrees??