In Between Dreams review by Jack Johnson

• Released: Mar 1, 2005
Jack Johnson: In Between Dreams

Jack Johnson has always had a characteristic sound. His melodic guitar is great for easy listening and his vocals really portray the mood of this album. he has created very creative and intresting riffs that really fit the style. The only problem I really have with the sound is that it is rather repetitive, Jack seems to just stick with what he is good at but it doesn't give the songs their of differentiation.

The lyrics are very much keeping with Jack's established acoustic style and if you havent listened to his music before you might find them pretty intresting but for me most of them seem less inspired than his past albums. Though all the songs portray his emotion well most of them are just love songs that don't do enough to make them truly memerable. I personally am not a big fan of love songs to start with so I was slightly dissapointed. Altogether they are still god, just not as good as past albums. The lyrical highlight here is probably "Good People" and "Breakdown."

This album overall was worth the buy but I think I will be listening to Jack other albums more often ("Brushfire Fairytales" and "On and On". If you are a Jack Johnson fan I highly suggest it, and if not you might want to try one of his older albums. The acoustic guitar is great and keeps things intresting though the lyrics are not quite as intresting as the music behind them. If this album were lost or stolen I might get it again but probably not right away, maybe jsut borrow a friends every now and then and listen to brushfire fairytales.