In Between Dreams review by Jack Johnson

• Released: Mar 1, 2005
Jack Johnson: In Between Dreams

If you like smooth sounding, easy going, relaxing music then this is your album! I believe this is album is better than the previous two, Brushfire Fairtales & On And On, but they are well worth hearing as well. Some people keep talking about how he doesn't changes things up. For my taste most of the songs carry enough of a different beat. Why not stick to what you do best? He has taken a couple soft jabs at himself saying exactly this but no one seems to hear. Sometimes you catch yourself asking, "There is only 3 band members playing?"

The lyrics pretty much show how free spirited he is. I like the fact he writes about places he has visited (Breakdown). But also he has off the wall stuff where songs were initially just jokes to his wife or a friend but turned out to be hits. It's nice to hear such a pure voice. In this time and age there is so much trash out there. What a pleasent change of pace!

If you've never heard to read anything about JJ then one just cannot understand. This is the ultimate laid back guy. During concerts he usually what he has been wearing all day. Mostly flip-flops & t-shirts. Nothing out of character. I can't find anybody like him right now and I think he is going to be a household name. Definitely listen to it. Give it a few tries. I just picked up In Between Dreams last month and am thinking about getting another one so I don't have to switch it out between home & car.