On And On review by Jack Johnson

• Released: May 6, 2003
Jack Johnson: On And On

Our favourite beach bum is back for his 2nd album, and he delivers another mellow, acoustic album to relax to. The album builds strongly off of his debut (Brushfire Fairytales), maybe not so much guitar wise, but there is a definite increas in his lyrical abilities. The sound is great, as usual, and there are some songs that do stick out. Some favourites would be "Taylor" for an amazing riff, "Holes To Heaven" for the wicked percussion, and "Times Like These" for its overall sound and lyrics.

Jacks voice is still a perfect fit for the music he creates. Soothing yet exciting, Jack delivers, on nearly every song, a work of art. The lyrics are just as stong as on the first album, maybe even moreso.

Overall I don't think Jack Johnson is capable of making a bad song. Whether you like it or not, it is still good. His guitar work is nothing amazing, but nothing to laugh at either. The way he combines his voice and his guitar is amazing. The only problem, like most of his works, is his lack of diversity, although, on this album he experiments a little more with different grooves and percussions, see "The Horizon Has Been Defeated" for an example of this. I would highly recommend this if your a fan of J.J., and even if you weren't I would definitly say it is worth checking out. If it was stolen/lost, I would definitly get another copy.