Everything In Transit review by Jack's Mannequin

• Released: Aug 23, 2005
Jack's Mannequin: Everything In Transit

Jack's Mannequin is a more alive version of Something Corporate. Mellow, yet energizing. Very postal service-ish, but not as techno. Very tight as a band, but most are on a studio album, so it should be expected. Nothing revolutionary in the overall sound of the band, but very well done.

The lyrics on the album are a step above Something Corporate in my opinion. The entire album had a theme, and the writer did a good job of staying with that throughout. Each and every word that the singer sang went so well with the overall sound the band was trying to portray. The singer is amazing, going from a low somewhat steady tone, to a very high pitched tone with what seemed astounding ease. I love his voice, the way he sings. The lyrics are very catchy, not profound or in depth, they don't make you think alot, but very catchy and the way that it is sang makes them even better.

Very good album, I recommend it to anyone who's feeling the emo. It seems as though they tried to do the punk rock opera a-la Green Day or say anything. Although this album doesn't compare to either of those remarkable works of genius, it is very good. The best way I find to describe it is a radio-friendly, less bitter and more loving version of the say anything album. If you don't want to buy it, give it a listen, downaload a couple of songs. They will grow on you.