Everything In Transit review by Jack's Mannequin

• Released: Aug 23, 2005
Jack's Mannequin: Everything In Transit

This is a great pop-ish album from Andrew McMahon. It generally feels more lighthearted than most Something Corporate songs, but the lyrics are sometimes darker. Great work on all the instruments, and the production was done very well.

The lyrics are for the most part amazing. There are a few moments that make you think "huh?", but upon closer inspection, the song wouldnt be right without them. Andrew has a knack for making thought provoking songs, and he proves that on this album. You almost feel like you're there with him.

The most impressive songs on this album are Bruised, The Mixed Tape, Dark Blue, La La Lie, Miss Delaney, and the second half of MFEO, You Can Breathe. Every song is great, however those are the ones that stand out the most in my opinion. This album is tied with two others for my favorite album, Second Stage Turbine Blade by Coheed And Cambria, and Deja Entendu by Brand New, despite not being similar to either of them. It's a great chill out album, good for long road trips, but it's hard to just listen to one song when you get the chance, which is a good thing. If it was lost/stolen, I'd definitely buy it again, and then force my friends to buy a few copies too.