The Glass Passenger review by Jack's Mannequin

• Released: Sep 30, 2008
Jack's Mannequin: The Glass Passenger

This album when your first here it has a very different sound the Everything in Transit. Transit was a little basic in music parts where TGP has much more variety. You can really hear a maturity in this album with Andrew. There's a nice experiment with synth's, more guitar's, better breakdown's during songs, and overall much more unique riff's which are catchy but not necesarly easy. I feel like this album is Andrew releasing everything he really feels towards music and it works. Bloodshot, Suicide Blonde, American Love, and Spinning are some standout tracks off the album.

I've listened to Everything in Transit and his work all the way back to early Something Corporate and this is easily the most sincere of all his albums in lyrics. His voice is perfect for the parts and rather then overpowering songs like some singers do he lets his voice go right with them as needed. His lyrics are extremly more witty on this album. One of my favorite's is blood shot's chorus "High And I'm so Tired Come on look me in my bloodshot eyes The clouds are all on Fire" Every song has a meaning and he wants you to figure it out.

This is McMahon's standout album of his career. He took a risk on this album more than any other because he allowed him self to be more sincere probably then on any other album and let the music do a lot of the talking, not just like the lyrics like he use to. I will say this album for some people may need to grow on you, but when it does your gonna be hooked. I alreadly named some of my favorite tracks before but What Get's You Off and Drop Out/The So Unknown are two other masterpiece's. If this album were lost I'd re buy it in an instant.

inferi596
    i actually liked the album the first time i listened to it. the first four tracks got me hooked and i love resolution, caves and miss america but some of the middle ones i think just blended together and weren't anything special. not a bad album at all though.
    NearlyPrescient
    the funny thing about saying that he wants you to figure out what each song means is that he does. he's playing some personal music, but he still wants his listener's to find meaning in songs in context of their own lives, not just his. seems like a nice guy in interviews. great album. masterpiece.
    hnfan4eva
    babybluefender wrote: EIT was not 'poopy' i really dont think anything andrew has ever written as 'poopy'
    he said EIT was 'poppy' retard
    nguarino
    love annie use your telescope!! best song. then what gets you off and bloodshot
    abs0lution33
    nguarino wrote: love annie use your telescope!! best song. then what gets you off and bloodshot
    Annie use your telescope is probably my favorite too!! It's such an underrated song. It's just so beautiful and catchy. What an emotional album, it's a masterpiece!! The funny thing is, the first time I heard this album I hated it! It took me like 4 months to give it another chance but now it's amazing