Solo Acoustic, Vol. 1 review by Jackson Browne

• Released: Oct 11, 2005
Jackson Browne: Solo Acoustic, Vol. 1

My impression is that the sound is better than going to his concert. Obviously, still a live recording, so back ground noise is present. Some of the songs have periods of where the guitar fades, his voice however is "clear and present." The overall mix is very "relaxed" and a "pure" live rendition. In the days of looping and, digital add ons to live performances, I love the simple, pure approach to these recordings.

I am a fan, been a fan for 30 years. My only regret relative to this particular CD is that I wish he had added a couple more (other than Taking It Easy) upbeat songs. Rosie, Redneck Friend, would have been nice. Maybe, volume II?

compared to his prior albums, very simple and pure. If you like "highly mixed" albums, devoid of any recorded errors, this is not the album for you. This is Jackson Browne, warts and all. Most impressive songs are hard to determine, they are all good, but if one must pick; Barricades Of Heaven, These Days, For Everyman, Rebel Jesus. What I love most about the CD is that except the song quality is better, it's just like going to a Jackson Browne acoustic concert, banter with the audience included. What I don't like (hate is too strong a word) is the fact they didn't include more info on where/when the tracks were recorded. I had to do some internet research to find out "Where The Best Place In The World To Live" was. Would recommend this to anybody who likes acoustic performances, especially if you like the acoustic guitar. I would buy it again if I lost it.

dhay
    anyone know where I can find the tab for his acoustic version of "the barricades of heaven"?? i have the original but i can not seem to figure out the acoustic version. help.???