Aadat review by Jal

Jal: Aadat

The biggest hits of the year 2005 in the Indian Subcontinet delivered courtesy the Pakistani sensation Jal. Jal, an urdu word which means water, the lead singer says describes the band. With flowing lyrics, music and vocals, this album was a great debut album. The tracks such as Ik Din Aayega, Lamhay, Aadat, Panchi, Teri Yaad, Rangon Mein and Dil Haaray Pukare are all songs that leave a lasting impression on your mind. With a classical base, this band has grown to become the #1 Pakistani band.

Great lyrics, lamhay, the biggest hit, which was soon on everyone's lips after it came out has fantastic lyrics. But lyrically speaking, the track aadat is the best. Written in urdu, the title means Habit. From start to end there is no track which is not worth mentioning. A flowing album, with a brilliant sound to it. The lead vocals and the back up singer have both done very well. Actually the band started out with their lead singer as Atif Aslam who was the man behind some of the lyrics. But due to internal problems Atif was given the boot.

Jal along with Entity Paradigm are my favourite Pakistaani bands. Aadat is a soft rock album which has done wonders in this part of the world. I like all the tracks in the album, fantastic. For all those soft rock/pop listeners, this is the album you have to own. But if you are more of a headbanger (like me), I advise you to go and buy Entity Paradigm's Irtiqa. A hadcore album which I shall soon review at UG. Anyway, Aadat is a good album overall, a must buy for the light and soft hearted.