All The Lost Souls review by James Blunt

• Released: Sep 18, 2007
James Blunt: All The Lost Souls

The sound is amazing. The music fits perfectly together. The Piano goes together with all the guitars very well. The biggest complaint I have is James's voice. But it is much better than on "Back To Bedlam". The style fits very well. All the music was set up very smart and well. All the instruments fit together very well. Really the only complaint I have is that there is to much piano. But the sound quality it's self is very well done.

The lyrics are very well done. They are inspirational, inpiring, and touching. The meaning behind all of the songs touched me. All though I dislike his voice it complements the music very well. James Blunt is a very talented singer don't get me wrong, but his voice is a bit high for me. But it is very much improved for his last CD. If it didn't fit the music so well I would not like it, but James has so much talent and makes it work.

Over all "All The Lost Souls" is a much better album than his first. I come from listening to rock, metal, and hardcore music, but if you listen to this with an open mind you will find it greatly pleasurable. I most enjoyed the song "I Really Want You". It has a very upbeat tempo, meaningful lyrics, And James even kind of raps during the verses, and it sounds beautiful. The song touched me the most but all the songs are great. I loved the layout of the CD. It was full of meaningful songs. "All The Lost Souls" really grew on me and I would suggest everyone to go pick it up. Even if you are not a fan of his music listen to it with an open mind and you will fall for it like I did.

BreAkdOwn396
    thank you Auals, SikkiNixx, guitargiirl, Pr0digalS0n, and TUMFP, im glad some people have brains.
    Auals
    No, it's a very ignorant point, grow up I don't mind James Blunt, but that's because I can do most of the stuff he can (vocal wise and instrument wise) so yeah, being able to relate as a singer/songerwriter helps, i've heard the first song that's been brought out as a single and it didn't really grab me but your review is enough to make me buy it, thank you Thank God for people with open minds
    SikkiNixx
    +1 Listen with an open mind and you may realise how talented James is. Good review too =)
    guitargiirl
    I bought this album before i read this review, because I really like James' music. It's with very touching lyrics, singed with a beautiful voice and everything around it is also very good. The only thing that is not so good is the acoustic guitar, James plays with almost every song the same kind of strum, he also did that on Back To Bedlam. But besides that the guitar itself sounds great, and on this way it's easy to play! ;
    Pr0digalS0n
    I just love how the people that consider themselves to be 'unique' in terms of taste and 'underground' ambiance bash artists whom many people come to love simply because they are popular. They are popular because they are great. I am a musician, an artist, and an admirer of intelligence and creativity; James blunt is a prophetic genius.
    TUMFP
    Actually, this CD is great! I have fallen in love with 'Annie' and 'Carry You Home'. The CD is better than '1973', that song is good but really poppy. The whole is really really good.