Back to Bedlam review by James Blunt

• Released: Oct 11, 2004
James Blunt: Back to Bedlam

British singer/songwriter James Blunt is having reasonable success with his album Back To Bedlam, with his alternative style. Most people who listen to the radio or watch TV would have heard the single 'You're Beautiful', a mix of sweet acoustic guitar and a great melody. This is present on the rest of the album as the music contains simple yet effective acoustic music and unique but nonetheless excellent vocals by James himself.

The lyrics on this album are personal reflections of happenings or events in James' life and are sometimes very deep and emotional, such as the song 'Goodbye My Lover' which contains a beautiful piano accompaniment with a powering yet soft voice over the top. The singing is equal to the music. There are some great melodies and harmonies in this album.

I like this album how it is arranged with the piano, guitar and vocal parts, a unique blend of musical excellence. The most impressive or rather favourite songs of mine are 'High', 'Goodbye My Lover', 'Wisemen' and 'Billy'. Overall worth checking out if you are into alternative or looking for a change in music.