Back to Bedlam review by James Blunt

• Released: Oct 11, 2004
James Blunt: Back to Bedlam

James Blunt has a unique sound for the current British scene, which is dominated by bands like Block Party and Arctic Monkeys etc. Although these are great bands, I find that Blunt's style and approach to his sound is much more geniune. His sound ranges from beautifully strummed guitar lines "Tears and Rain" to piano ballads "Goodbye My Lover." Blunt draws from his experiances in the army and his relationships, and these add upto a soothing and relaxing yet thoughtful sound.

Lyrics are amazing, vocals are fantastic, alot of high pitched almost falsetto range vocals that suit the music well. Blunt has a very good talent for writing beautiful and personal lyrics, drawn from his stint in the British army during which he served as a peacekeeper in the Kosovo conflict. He also draws from his relationships with loved ones and friends, and these tales are very well woven into the fabric of the album.

Amazing. My favourite songs are "Tears And Rain," "Cry" and "Goodbye My Lover." If it was stolen, I would buy another very quickly from my friend. Overally, this is a great album that shows even greater promise for a rising talent and, he's English - thanks God. Makes me proud again.

H_Zula
    Mcassidy42 wrote: Is it just me? or is this guys voice very anoying?
    It's just you
    CoreysMonster
    Actually, it is very annoying
    _futurerockstar
    Geek_Aus
    He's voice is unique.. and your gay..
    You homophobic or something? idiot
    quAke
    no i'm not.. i used the word like in Southpark.. Like that car is gay.. you know?.. or am i the only idiot here that watches Southpark..??
    The_Raven
    Man that album is breathtaking. His voice is unique, i I agree with whoever said that above me. BTW, he has done a few songs before this album but they are hard to track down, eg: "Alright Tonight"
    The_Raven
    BTW, 'quake' why did you call his voice that? And u watch south park?!?!?!? Man, how old r u? Like, 9? And So Long Jimmy was so long Jimi Hendrix and Jimi Morrison for those who want 2 know!
    XxWoRdSoFsOrRoW
    f*** i thought my cat was annoying wait until u get a load of this s*** this guy gives new meaning to the word c***sucker
    Crookedjon
    _futurerockstar wrote: CoreysMonster wrote: H_Zula wrote: Mcassidy42 wrote: Is it just me? or is this guys voice very anoying? It's just you Actually, it is very annoying Actually, he has a unique voice, and it sounds like no other voice, its only annoying if you want it to be.
    Survey says his voice is annoying. I gotta say, this guy is overrated in terms of his songwriting, it's not bad... but then again it's not remarkable.