Back to Bedlam review by James Blunt

• Released: Oct 11, 2004
James Blunt: Back to Bedlam

Most would describe Jame's Blunt's first solo album as purely in the genres of pop. His voice is very high in pitch and he switches into falsesetto a few times in songs. His songs all have pretty decent melodies mixing piano and guitar, two of the numerous instruments he is said to play. His sound is as unique for a pop act, which are generally seen to be very generic.

The lyrics to the album are amazing and completely fit the mood of the song; they help infisize to mood and emotions to the songs. His lyrics alone should be considered poetic. Although at times maybe the brittish accent but you can't really make out the words without looking at the album booklet.

The album Back to Bedlam should be considered a must have for any fan of general pop, with tracks such as, "Your Beautiful," and "High." Some of the so far lesser known tracks that should not be ignored to his fans are "So Long Jimmy," and "Tears and Rain." What any lisener has to love about the album whould be the fact that the lyrics he created in his songs personaly came frome his experiances in life, that to me is what's most impressive about Back to Bedlam. Overall the album should be placed as one of the best in 2005.

dan_the_pie
    tis guys voice is terrible i hate him that beautiful song is pathetic!! his voice is unique-unique is a synonym for shitty
    quAke
    I'm sorry The_Raven.. But i bet you watch South Park. A 9 year old is a bit to young to watch South Park. But sure i do.. Not always.. But lets go back ontopic.. I have the feeling people find me anoying fo a Stupid joke i made.. Ok, James Blunt his voice being Unique..? why i find that?.. His voice touches you in a way few voices do.. It's like Phil Collins, he has an unique voice.. And mark my words, in a few it will james at the Top..
    h3llang3l
    I think his voice is fantastic Songwriting is good, but there is better out.