Back to Bedlam review by James Blunt

• Released: Oct 11, 2004
James Blunt: Back to Bedlam

James Blunt's acoustic guitar sound is very unique. A fan of '60s and '70s guitar music would be amazed by it. His style is very unique, but if I have to pin-point how 'Back To Bedlam' sounds like, I would say, it sounds like a bit of Bob Dylan's amazing sounds on his records. Overall, the sound is pretty good, is a lo-fi on the acoustic guitar on some songs, but overall, it's a must-love for a acoustic-guitar music fan.

Lyrics are singable, makes good for a pop-folk record. "Tears And Rain", "No Bravery", "You're Beautiful", "High" are all lyrical masterpieces and is very easy to remember. The lyrics fit well with the climax of the songs. His voice that comes along with the package is very unique, you would probably think he have some girl sing it, but the vocals fit the emotional aspect and the musical aspect of the songs.

Like I said, I find this album, very dylan-like. But that's probably because Dylan's acoustic albums are very good (lyrically) as well. But I think Back to Bedlam is very unique and doesn't really sound like anything I've heard before. It has that beatles albums' simple-ness to it. This album has made me a fan of James Blunt and inspired me to play the guitar so I guess I love the entire record, but if I would let you borrow this record, I would tell you to listen to "Tears And Rain", "Cry", "You're Beautiful," "High," "Goodbye My Lover," "So Long Jimmy."

Coldiscool
    Was a great album that suprised me, seeing as all i heard from everybody was track 2 i was suprised to find all the other songs were equal if not better.