Strays review by Jane's Addiction

• Released: Jul 22, 2003
Jane's Addiction: Strays

This has to be up there as one of my favorive albums of all time. This was the fisrt Jane's Addiction album I bought and I got it because I heard the first track on the album 'True Nature' on TV. And what a way to start an album, If there was ever any doubt that they would suck after not talking for 10 years, this track would change your mind immediately. Personally I think this album is one of those 'All Killer No Filler' albums such as nevermind, the style of music varies alot on this album as it does on all of thier albums, some of the tracks have more of a metal sound like 'True Nature' where as tracks like 'Price I Pay' and 'The Riches' have a more calm feel and there is even an acoustic song on there too 'Everybody's Friend' so in summary, catchy guitar and bass riffs, awesome vocals and drumming.

Perry Farrell has a very unique voice and he obviously put alot of thought into his lyrics for this album. My personal favorite is probably 'The Riches' The lyrics are deep and meaningful, not a bad lyric in the entire song. Much like the rest of the album, powerful vocals which flow perfectly over the guitaring.

Well like I said this is one of my favorite albums of all time much like thier other albums, after I bought this album it was all I was listening to for months, a very strong comeback album. Though I've heard people say the album is over produced, I would disagree there are still as many catchy original riffs as on thier earlier albums. The album experiments with many different genres without losing direction, as every track has that unigue janes addiction sound. So like I said, I was totally hooked on this album when I bought it. which was around about the same time they split up, which sucked. but hey, we can always hope and pray they get back together some day again, but even if they dont, at least they went out ontop with a strong album.

bassplayer496
    ^ I agree. Jane's truly one of the greatest bands of all time. They were one of the few great bands in the late eighties early nineties period, along with nine inch nails. I haven't liked this album as much as Nothing's Schocking or Ritual, but it's all great. ~Love, Dallas~
    salrap10
    superhero is one of the best songs on the album. its the entourage theme song
    getawaygman
    Price I pay is my favorite. I think most people would love Janes addiction if they listened to perrys voice multiple times bc it comes off as harsh at first but then sounds beautiful and mystical the next