Good Monsters Review

artist: Jars of Clay date: 07/02/2007 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Jars of Clay: Good Monsters
Release Date: Sep 5, 2006
Label: Essential
Genres: CCM, Alternative CCM, Adult Alternative Pop/Rock
Good Monsters is a departure from that debut, but assuredly a welcome one that yet again demonstrates the band's depth and talent.
 9.8
 9.6
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Good Monsters Reviewed by: N-sane, on july 02, 2007

Sound: This Album starts off with a more energised performance, which I hardly expected but really enjoyed it. I really felt it was a bit of a Coldplay sound but different in some ways. Towards the end the album has the softer sounds but are really brought to a real climax. The vocals again vary in throughout the songs but still the good old Jars of Clay we know. // 10

Lyrics: Again, it's a strongly Christian album, not worrying about not mentioning some key facts in the Christian life. I must say the lyrics will bring understanding, clarity and a good feel when you listen and take note of them. The singer lacks no skills and has nailed each song perfectly. // 10

Overall Impression: There is a very ideal contrasts of sounds throughout this album wich leaves all music lovers from acoustic to country to alternate rock with a favorite song. I would never regret buying the album and I always listen to it. There are real classics (songs) on the album. The best would have to be, Dead Man (Carry Me) and Oh My God. I would listen to the album over again but only on shuffle as you may go from 3 consecutive alternative songs on it to 4 acoustic songs, which may get irritating. Overall, one of the best albums I've ever bought. // 10

Comments