Relentless review by Jason Aldean

• Released: May 29, 2007
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Jason Aldean: Relentless

After having his debut album go gold, and after he won a bucketload of awards, Jason Aldean returned in 2007 with his 2nd album "Relentless". Like on his last album, the first two tracks ("Johnny Cash" and "Laughed Till We Cried") became hit singles. This album feels more polished compared to the first record, but it's more the same country-rock. There's cowbell on "I Break Everything I Touch".

Jason's voice is about the same on this one, and the lyrics are same old same old. "Johnny Cash" actually has nothing to do with the Man In Black, and is a love song. "Laughed Till We Cried" is about old memories. "I Use What I Got" is about trying to make it in music (Nashville). "Grown Woman" is a duet with Miranda Lambert, but that doesn't make it any more memorable. "Not Every Man Lives" is actually a nice song about taking chances and being a man.

Honestly, "Relentless" does describe Aldean's work ethic, but it doesn't say anything about the music. You could swap this with the first album, and you wouldn't know the difference. It's the first Jason Aldean album I got, and I like to listen to it every once in awhile.