We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. review by Jason Mraz

• Released: May 13, 2008
Jason Mraz: We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things.

Jason Mraz, a man of musical jiveness and groove, has many beats and lyrics that will move you to your feet and lip syncing along. His jazzy/pop/acoustic/rock sound brings lots of fans to his feet begging for more. While the Grooveline Horns play in the background, a full bongo set, guitarists, bassists and another drummer all help to contribute to this singer's genius flow. He doesn't stick to the "norm" with this CD, and after three previous albums, he didn't disappoint. Overall, Jason, with the help of other artists such as Colbie Callait and James Morrison, really blew this album out of the water.

The lyrics of Jason Mraz are always off the wall, and unless you really crawl into the deep spots of your mind, you might not ever understand the thought behind the music. But, if you listen to the words, this album just makes sense. Its more of Jason's soft side coming out through this album with songs like "A Beautiful Mess" and "Lucky" to show the loving and deep parts that everyone can relate to.

Now, "We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things." may just be his best, although his former albums have many great hits on it. "I'm Yours" has just blown everyone's mind and people from all over the world know the words to that hit. In my opinion, "Butterfly" and "Live High" are my favourites because of their contrasts to the album. I've heard plenty of Jason's music, both recorded and live, and he just seems to show his true colours in both of those songs, more so than with others. I really don't know if there is anything wrong with the album except the fact that there aren't enough songs on it! I would keep buying that album again and again and recommend this for anyone looking for something that's "not the norm" or they need "something different".