Grace review by Jeff Buckley

• Released: Aug 23, 1994
Jeff Buckley: Grace

Breathtaking! No words to describe the brilliant work Jeff Buckley had done. His haunting 4 octave vocals are incredible and deliver quite an impact. His voice captures you and holds you hostage all until the last word has been cried out. His pouty overtones and immaculate singing ability will give you the feel of being at one of his shows; it is that personal. The CD also contains a good mixture of fast and slow stuff as Jeff mixes it up on the album. From grunge rock (Eternal Life) all the way to indie pop (So Real) and then to some r&b on the second disc (Forget Her), all of the parts fit together beautifully. It just goes to show you that music is endless and that Jeff Buckley appreciated music for what it is.

The lyrics on this album are very imaginative and pretty unbelievable. For a guy who was in his early twenties to write something so amazing is very rare and sad because of his early departure. I just wonder what he could be doing now. Songs like (Last Goodbye) are exploding with catchy hooks and pop like lyrics. It definitey would have taken over the airwaves. I still think it should though. And other songs such as (Mojo Pin) contain a unique styling that is patterned after by a lot of famous bands these days. And if I haven't covered what Jeff Buckley's voice sounds like enough, all you have to do is scream as loud as you can, then imagine it being good.

Well, being that it is so ecclectic, there isn't many things to compare it to, maybe to his dad's. I would say the vocals surpass his dad's by just a hair. Maybe it could compare to what Ben Harper's works. Both can sing the hell out of a song. Jeff can really just sing so well, it is just hypnotic. The only thing that I hate about it is that it wasn't long enough. I would by this again just so I can have one playing in the house and car.

kaliba
    Defenlty one of my favorate albums of all time. something about this album is truely epic and magical that touches you right in your soul.
    DaliLama
    This album is one of a small handfull that make me feel truly weird, like I'm hearing something otherworldy, an answer to a secret I was never supposed to know
    evilbeavil
    Agreed with all of the previous comments ^ Jeff Buckley was truly a musical genious, he should have never died.. His music is brilliance at its purest form.
    GNR's Fan
    Most amazing album I've ever heard nothing else comes close sends shivers down my spine, makes the hair in the back of your neck stand up
    Tumble-weed
    Amazing album. I agree with all the other comments. It truly is a haunting yet beautiful listen. It's scary how he almost predicted his death in some of the lyrics. Truly a classic.