Live At L'Olympia review by Jeff Buckley

• Released: Jul 3, 2001
Jeff Buckley: Live At L'Olympia

Jeff Buckley, Live At Olympia, is simply put a masterclass in live performance. Before the concert Buckley was said to be apprehensive how he asked was he supposed to live up to Edith Piaf, or The Velvet Underground, Buckley managed this feat and more, himself believing this to be his finest performance. The albums music is incredible, every performer was at his peak, giving it there all, unfortunately this album is essentially over 10 years old, despite only being released posthumously 4 years ago this gives it an at hazy feel, when compared to todays incredibly clear recordings, of course, the sheer energy of the band still manages to permeate through.

Whilst the crowning glory of this album must undoubtedly go to Buckley's incredibly emotive voice, the lyrics themselves are nothing short of superb, expertly woven and shaped they give an image of a young man fighting the demons of his past, and escaping the shadow of his father. Obviously Buckley can not take credit for some of the albums covers, he does a great job of turning those songs into his own.

I would find it cruel to pick certain tracks from this album and label them "favourites" each track is as deserving as the last. If this album was lost I would certainly buy it again, I only wish that the album was recorded proffessionally all those years ago.

kaliba
    i have this album and it is simply wonderful and phoneominal. such a huge tallent that has graced us all
    t0r1
    Too many people dont know about the great Jeff Buckley.He's great.I love him